A guide to the events, exhibitions and more taking place across the Stonehenge & Avebury World Heritage Site.
- On the 8 and 14 December, join a Winter walk around the Avebury landscape with Dr Nick Snashall, National Trust Archaeologist for the Stonehenge and Avebury World Heritage Site. The walk will be followed by festive refreshments and provide an opportunity to chat with Dr Nick (booking essential).
- The Salisbury Museum’s latest exhibition The Art of Wessex is open until 28 January. The exhibition explores artists connected with the area from the 18th century to the present day and features several scenes from the World Heritage Site.
The National Trust will be celebrating Christmas in Avebury this year with a programme of exciting festive events;
- From 18 November – 1 January 2024. Avebury Manor will be transformed by talented National Trust volunteers into a Christmas spectacle with stunning handmade decorations and ornaments reflecting The Twelve Days of Christmas.
- On the weekend of 2-3 December, Avebury’s atmospheric seventeenth century Threshing Barn will host a free-to-attend festive Christmas Market selling a range of local artisanal goods, including textiles, recycled wood, jewellery and handmade produce, accompanied by carols and music each afternoon.
- Between 2 and 23 December, the Dovecote at Avebury Manor will host a fun interactive Christmas Storytime for children between the ages of 3 to 10 (booking essential).
- On 2 December, Avebury Manor will be running a Christmas wreath making workshop using natural foliage and decorations with expert tuition and seasonal refreshments (limited places, booking essential).