Looking ahead to some of the events and exhibitions coming up in the World Heritage Site Partnership.
- Join National Trust for a Landscape Walk – East of Avebury Circuit on Saturday 22 July as part of the Festival of Archaeology.
- If you’re yet to visit, English Heritage exhibition Circles of Stone: Stonehenge and Prehistoric Japan at Stonehenge is open until 3 September.
- The National Trust is marking 300 Years of William Stukeley with an exhibition in the barn at Avebury of reproductions of several of his works 25 June – 10 November. Families can also enjoy Summer of Stukeley: family activities as part of Festival of Archaeology 26-30 July.
- On 22-23 July Salisbury Museum is holding its annual Festival of Archaeology with a host of events and organisations including English Heritage Stonehenge.
- Avebury Chapel Talks Series continues, free no need to book – Saturday 8 July, 2pm: Stuart Raymond: Avebury without the Stones and Wednesday 12 July, 7pm: Fran Allfrey (from the Avebury Papers project) Making Avebury – the past, present, future – and you?
- As part of the Wiltshire Council Archaeology Service annual walks programme, join walk The Road Less Travelled; an exploration of lesser-known monuments and sites in the Avebury landscape on Friday 28 July.
- Booking is now open for one day conference: Stone Circles across Eurasia, Sainsbury Institute and English Heritage, taking place at St John’s Place, Salisbury on Tuesday 29 August 2023. In conjunction with exhibition Circles of Stone: Stonehenge and Prehistoric Japan and open to the public, the conference will bring together specialists from Japan and the UK to present recent work on stone circles and associated prehistoric monuments across Eurasia. The conference is organised by Simon Kaner FSA and English Heritage’s Heather Sebire FSA.
- Marlborough Open Studies takes place in July, including studios within the Avebury World Heritage Site – a chance to see Attribute 7 of Outstanding Universal Value in action: influence of the site on artists and others.
- New exhibition Wessex Airspaces, Elevating Wiltshire opens at Wiltshire Museum 8 July – 15 October.